Sunday 15 May 2011

Oh no, what was I thinking??

Two weeks ago I came across this adorable table and fell in love! Seriously, there are a lot of tables out there that I really like, but love? This was love! 



 Isn't she just the cutest thing you've seen? I love that she opens up on the sides for storage and the lines and details are just so much fun!  She sat in the garage for less than 24 hours before I decided to strip it down and paint it. I used a Lowe's "oops" paint after priming it. It's almost a baby blue. 





 Isn't she just so cute now? I stripped, primed, painted, glazed, and distressed it. LOVE IT! 

Sigh... hubby wasn't in love. :( 
He's watched me transform a ton of stuff (furniture included) and hated this!
He tried, I have to admit he tried, he sat out there for over an hour each day looking at it and trying to convince himself it wasn't all that bad. But finally he broke the news to me. He said it just wasn't him and he didn't like it. I was heartbroken. 
Sooooooooo I told him I would sell it. Secretly I thought it would take forever to sell and didn't worry about it. BUT a friend came by today and I showed it to her to see if maybe I was really off on this one, maybe it really was ugly and I just couldn't see it. I knew she would tell me the truth. 
So I took her out on the back porch to show her. She GASPED! Fell more in love with it than I had. I offhandedly told her it was for sale and she bought it instantly! 

What was I thinking? I let her go!!
No worries my friend said, you can come visit her. 
Sigh...I hope her husband likes it more than mine did. 

On to the next one. 

1 comment:

  1. I THINK ITS CUTE. I LOVE THE LITTLE DRAWERS AND YOU PICKED A GREAT COLOR... BUT I ALSO LISTEN TO MY FIANCE ABOUT THINGS LIKE THAT TO.. BUT I DO LIKE IT.

    LAUREN
    AND IM YOUR NEWEST FOLLOWER THANK YOU FOR STOPPING
    BY MY BLOG AND COMMENTING

    ReplyDelete