Sunday 4 September 2011

September is upon us

Wow, what a busy summer it's been and what a joyful one in our household. 
I know I haven't posted in a long time, but wait till you hear all that I've been up to and what has been going on in our family. 

Our second oldest son has found the love of his life and has proposed! 
Yup..for the first time I'm going to be a mother in law! 
Caitlin is a wonderful woman who is absolutely perfect for our son, we couldn't be happier for them both. The wedding is planned for August 25/2012. Less than a year away. I've been doing the happy dance all summer long. 
I have so many pictures to share, I won't be able to do it all overnight, so please be patient with me as I find time to upload and comment and post stories of our summer. 

Along with the good, the sad and the interesting has happened as well. Our baby girl left this past week for her first year of college in a city about 2 hours away. She did send me a BBM (blackberry messenger) saying she got there safely (she was home for the weekend) and to thank us for everything. I'm excited and terrified for her on her own for the first time in her life. 
We thought we would be empty nesters, but just days before our daughter moved out our oldest moved back in and has taken over our basement. 
So the cycle continues. 
As far as my recreating/refinishing goes. That's the best part of summer. I've rented a booth at the local Antique market and it's going wonderfully! Not only that, I'm getting orders from friends, and friends of friends and people that have seen my work. I'm also doing over furniture that people have brought me. I swear some days I just can't keep up. 
Then on top of it all, I'm now working at least a day a week at an office. I was looking for a second part time job, but decided if I wanted to stay sane I should stick with what I'm doing now. 
I'll spend some time over the next week showing you some of the things I've done this summer and some of my projects for the fall. 
Ahhhh I think things will start getting organized now that September is here.....here's hoping!!
Hope you all had a wonderful summer as well. 
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment