Monday 31 October 2011

Stereo love :)

I'm finally done...completely in love. 
I found this stereo on kijiji in the late spring/early summer. It's been "almost" done for quite some time. 

This is what I had to start with.
I started with removing the lids, then taping garbage bags over it to protect the inside and back. I wanted to keep that totally original. Then I stripped the top, stained it and put 3 coats of poly on it. 
The base was sanded down, primed and painted, then distressed, and sealed with poly. I also removed that hideous  outdated speaker covers. Replaced them with some I found at 
http://www.fabricland.ca/main.html
Fabricland. I love them. I often go in there just to see what is new and if I find material I "might" need in the future, well, it doesn't hurt to have extra on hand ;) 
Ready to see the finished product? 





  This sweet piece now sits under the TV in the cottage. I'm sooo so happy with it, and hubby is just as happy. He would love to have more of these sitting around, but seriously, just how many stereo's can you have in one house without looking a bit strange? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment