Monday 25 February 2013

Lemon Blueberry Muffins (Gluten free)

Does this title surprise you? 
I think most that come to my blog only see me as someone who "does furniture" But I'm so much more than that. 
I'm a mom (my kids have grown and moved out) 
I'm a wife (my husband might wonder if I live with him or in my workshop) 
I'm a sister and a daughter/in law
I LOVE shoes and purses and have learned (most of the time) to enjoy the shoes while they sit in the store, then go back for frequent visits :) 
I'm also a foodie. I think that's what people that cook or eat or whatever are called right? 
I love to cook, I love to bake and I love to do big dinners with new recipes. 

And I love to save money. (don't we all) 
A few weeks back I was invited to a facebook group that is all about bartering. As things go it was decided that I would bake some gluten free muffins in exchange for a haircut. 
How awesome is that? 

So off in search of a gluten free recipe I went, and I found a wonderful one at Simply Gluten Free
I am just posting the link to the recipe and not repeating it here. 
And just so I had something to compare it to, I also tried another blueberry muffin recipe from Cooking on the Side

Since this was my first time doing muffins gluten free I thought I would share it with you here. 
The first picture is from the first recipe just as they were heading in the oven. I do not have an after picture of this recipe because I was also baking a couple loaves of bread and making two home made soups at the time. 


 These two are from the second recipe. They look rather cumbly...but they aren't, I was just knocking off some of my mess from a messy scooping in before baking.


My daughter assures me that they are wonderful (I didn't eat any since they are for that haircut tomorrow)

So I got to bake, I got to save money and I am getting a haircut. Makes for a very happy Monday. 

Ohhh and the bread came out great as well, daughter and hubby were very happy at supper time. Fresh bread with soup always goes over well :) 

Sharing here:
A Diamond in the Stuff 
Someday I'll Learn 


No comments:

Post a Comment