Sunday 3 February 2013

Swwwweeeeeeet Dreams!

Unfortunately the sweet dreams are not for me. 
I've seen this kind of bed on other blogs and have always wanted to get one. 
I know the picture kinda sucks....but bare with me please. 
I was just glancing through our local kijiji when I came across it. It came with everything. Two dressers, a mirror and this bed. 


The price was a bit more than I normally pay for something, but I just had to have that bed! 
After talking to the owner for a bit we came to a price we could both live with. For some reason she thought the bed was going to be the hardest part to sell! She did have offers for the dressers but nothing for the bed, and I think she picked me because I wanted everything :) 
This is the headboard that came with it. 
Now as pretty as this is..I wasn't thrilled with it. I have another project in mind for this one. 
BUT I just happened to have another head board that fit perfectly with this set that I thought would suit the time period perfectly. I already knew this wasn't the original headboard so I felt no guilt in switching it out. 


 This was after the first coat of primer. Sorry about that...but you know when you get excited about a project you just dive right in....right? Please tell me I'm not the only one who does this. 

I posted a pic of the set on my facebook page as soon as I got home. I had several inquiries pretty much right away, and sold it before I even started to redo it. This is great because the person who bought it was able to share her ideas on what she wanted for colour etc. 
So this is how it looks now. Ready for her new owner to come and get her tomorrow :) 

 Isn't it sweeeeet?



 I just love the hint of age on this set now.







It's just sooooo perfect. 
If only this bed had been a king size..I would have so kept it for myself. 
But you know how it goes...the search will continue till I find my own perfect set. Either that or I manage to talk my husband into letting me paint what we have ;) 


9 comments:

  1. I've always wanted that bed frame too!!!
    What a gorgeous set - and what a beautiful job you did - I'm not surprised it sold before you painted it!!
    XXX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pieces. I love how they turned out. And that bed is wonderful! I've wanted to find one too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Keep looking, things like that seem to pop up when you least expect it. :)

      Delete
  3. Absolutely gorgeous!

    What paint and paint colour did you use?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had a sideboard I had just finished and the person who wanted this wanted the same colour but "lighter" So I mixed my own using the other colour as a base. So it doesn't have a name. I can tell you that I used a paint from Home Depot and then created my own chalk paint for this set. Sorry I couldn't be more help.

      Delete
  4. It looks great! Loved how it turned out! I am a new follower from Tatertots and Jello! I hope you have a great week!
    Michelle
    www.delicateconstruction.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for stopping by, I love your blog and will be sure to pass it on to some of my friends with little ones :)

      Delete
  5. What a stunning bed! The new owner is one lucky person! Thanks so much for sharing this at the Knick of Time Tuesday party!

    ReplyDelete