Thursday 26 June 2014

Love when things go right.

I haven't felt like blogging lately. Actually that's not quite true. I have felt like it, but I've been really lazy.
And you know how it goes. Once you put things off and tell yourself you will "do it tomorrow" and you keep saying that day after day, it just gets easier to be lazy.
Am I the only one that does this?
So I'm going to just jump right back in and show off something I'm really happy with.

I started with this.
See the units that kinda look like a filing cabinet? 
It's actually two ends of a vintage vanity. You know the kind...It probably looked something like this.
I think it originally had boxes on top like this because there were nail holes in the top that look like this was the case. 
I tried to save the top...but after filling the holes, stripping and sanding it down, it just wasn't right. 
And it needed legs. 
So I searched through my stash and came up with some. 
This is the end result. 
 The little back splash thingies were in one of the drawers and I raided my stash of knobs.
 I wanted a beachy feel to them so the top got a simple makeover.


 I think these legs are perfect for this. Now it's the height needed for all those higher beds that everyone has.
And they are off to their new home. 
I hope they enjoy them. 

(side note...one more week with this silly splint on my thumb! Can you tell I'm excited? YIPPIE!) 

Sharing:
Miss Mustard Seed
  

2 comments:

  1. I'm SO guilty of not posting - I think it's been at least a week and a half for me right now *hangs head in shame*

    You did a terrific job on those end tables! Wow! And i've been away too long - thumb splint?? I'll read back and get caught up, but you have my well wishes for a speedy total recovery in any case... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE!!! great job.

    blessings
    barb

    ReplyDelete