Tuesday 3 June 2014

Radio Cabinet redo.

A couple of weeks ago I was out yard sale(ing) and came across this old radio cabinet
I think I had a dirty lens on my phone. And I never bothered to get a second "before" picture. 
This thing was dirty. When I say dirty, I mean I had to go change my clothes after bringing it home. It had grease and something else on it..just gross! 

So I scrubbed it and stripped it and could not get the stain out...no matter what I did :( 
But that's the good thing about what I do. There is always a plan B or even C if needed. :) 

 Plan B worked wonderfully!

 I kept looking at this and it seemed like the perfect blanket box! How many of you have a corner in your living room that holds throw blankets for those cold winter evenings and all you want to do is lay on the couch and cover up while watching a good movie? But that pile of blankets is always a mess? Yup...me too.
 I've always repaired everything...but lately I've been embracing age (even on me) And some imperfections I've been leaving alone. I'm actually starting to really like the character it adds. Like on this piece.


 It turned out perfect
And it's sold
And I can't wait to find out what it will be used for. You know that just because I have one vision for a piece of furniture, that doesn't mean that it's new owner has the same vision. 

3 comments:

  1. Terrific transformation - It does make a great blanket cabinet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree about not changing the imperfections. This is a great, unique piece and you did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love it and you did a great job on it.

    blessings
    barb

    ReplyDelete