Thursday 5 April 2012

Pretty in Purple!

So for those of you who do not follow my facebook...
I came home last weekend to a message on my phone from the place where my booth is. They informed me that my booth was completely empty. One person had come in and bought everything I had!
Can we say "PANIC"!!!
I am constantly trying to play catch up there, actually I am constantly trying to stay on top of things there and have extra things at home so I can sometimes take time to "relax"
Plus I do a lot of custom work, as well as some things I like to do just for me..hahahaha, ok, that last one never happens. But I can dream right??
So I have been crazy busy this week filling up my booth. 
I did take picture of my Blue Art Deco hutch and placed that in there. You can read about it HERE I didn't take picture of the vanity or chairs or other tables and dressers I put in..but I did remember to take pictures of my latest dresser turned bench.
Remember my Teal Bench? Read about it HERE
Well I loved it so much I decided to try it again, but in Purple :) 

  This was kind of a before pic? Work with me here. lol 
Really I thought I had some real before pics sitting on the computer, but I can't seem to locate them:(
This was taken after I had taken it apart and cut the top to fit on top of the bottom drawer. This one only had one drawer. 
Well when I got it, it only had one drawer left out of what I imagine were three. 
 I decided to not add a new backing, but to work with what was there. I thought it would give it a bit of a different look, more original.
However I couldn't stop myself from adding some trim. I don't know, it's just in me to add stuff :) 
Ok ok, enough of the workings...on to the "after" pics. I'm sure you are like me and LOVE the after pics. 
:) 
 So? Do you like?
 I love it!


 Again I made sure the back was done, I used my home made chalk paint and glazed it before sealing it.

 I took some knobs from my stash and sprayed them with a metallic grey paint...I think they compliment this piece perfectly.

 Of course I had to distress it, after all it is well over a hundred years old...right? :)



The sun was shining so wonderfully yesterday when I took these pics, I just had to be out there with my camera and my bench. 
Now I'm at the cottage, and my booth is full. Can't wait to spend some time with family. 

7 comments:

  1. Love it. Have you thought to maybe add a cussion to make it a little more cumfy to sit on?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have, but I am really bad at getting that sewing machine out! lol

      Delete
  2. That is a great make over! Thanx for coming to THT!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this idea and I am just waiting to find a dresser I can maim! Just pinned this!
    Kim@reposhture.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just wanted to let you know that it looks great in white.

    ReplyDelete