Saturday 28 July 2012

Busy week in our house

What a fantastic week here in Ontario :) We've had wonderful weather which included a hum dinger of a thunderstorm, which we badly needed.
And with weather like this, I've managed to finish some projects, one for our own home (for now).
Lets get right to it shall we?
I finally finished up a wash stand I started almost a month ago. The initial sanding down and painting was done, but I needed just the right hardware.
This is my "before" picture. It isn't really, but it's without hardware and the bar is missing. I took this at the cottage where I picked it up and worked on it.
 How it has sweet "old" hardware
 The bar is on :)


 I obviously distressed it. This came out soooooo smooth. Like butter. I love that.
And of course...sweetly curved legs with original casters.

I had also picked up a sweet dresser. (yes, still doing tons of dressers )
The body was bla...but I LOVED and still love the top curves.
 See what I mean? Very plain...but on casters (I'm a huge fan of casters)
Check out that top...isn't it just so pretty?
It didn't take long to pretty up..but finding the right hardware was a pain, nothing seemed to suit it.
But I prevailed and finally found something I thought was just right. Maybe not perfect...but right. :)
 I started with stripping it down, then added a layer of white chalk paint as a base. I wanted that to show through along with the wood.
 The top was stripped and stained. (sanded it of course)
 Those key hole covers are original and the locks work. I love that...love working locks :)

 Ahhhh those curves get me every time.
She came out just perfect!

Leave a comment. I love getting feedback :)

Sharing here:
I should be mopping the floor 
Jam's Corner 
Salt Tree 
Primitive and Proper 
Domestically Speaking 
Savvy Southern Style 

11 comments:

  1. I love the white and the wood, you did a great job. I love that tiger wood when it is stained nice and pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Toby. I have a couple to work on this week that have the same shape..just not the same wood.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great projects! I really like the white side table. I'd love for you to share this on my Marvelous Mondays party. :) http://www.jamscorner.com/2012/07/marvelous-mondays-link-party-5.html

    I'm your newest follower via GFC. I'd love for you to check out my blog and follow back. :)

    Julie
    www.jamscorner.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your lovely comments and thanks for hosting :) I really need to start my own party!!

      Delete
  4. What a beautiful piece of furniture - love what you did with it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Suzy. I so appreciate your wonderful comments :)

      Delete
  5. love the gorgeous wood tops on these pieces and LOVE that blue!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Cassie and thank you again for hosting another awesome party :)

      Delete
  6. Just stopping by to thank you for sharing this on Marvelous Mondays! I hope to see you at next week's party. :)

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loving these both! The blue one is exactly what I'm currently doing to the dresser I'm working on...just finished staining the top tonight! So happy you linked up last week. Featuring this tomorrow night!

    {HUGS},
    kristi

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love these pieces! I also love casters and working locks! Great job! New GFC follower!
    Barbara @ Chase the Star
    http://chase-thestar.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete