Sunday, 18 November 2012

Harlequin love

My daughter and I are both avid readers. Unfortunately I no longer have a lot of time to stick my nose in a book and often I really miss it. 
I always loved to read. When I was really little there were several books sitting on a shelf at home that I was not allowed to touch. They were my mothers special books. I knew one day I was going to read them. It became a goal of mine. 
Sadly when the day came that I could read them, I found I wasn't all that interested in them. 
But by that time, I was a teen and had found Harlequin books. Easy reading and it combined my dreams of romance with my love of history. 
I quickly outgrew the love of Harlequin..but kept my love of history. 

Why am I telling you this? 
Well when I discovered the Harlequin design on some pieces of furniture, it brought back some wonderful memories for me. So I set off to find the perfect piece in order to hopefully bring both good memories and a good design together. 

Now you know I suck at before pictures. I totally forgot this time as well, so please bare with me as I simply show you the final product. 

 I picked a soft and bold colour. This dresser came to me already painted white and I kept it as a base for this.
 I think you can see the white showing through the soft grey. Giving it a really worn out look.
 I loved these handles, but they weren't working for me in brass and white..so what is a painter to do but paint them :)
 Cute legs eh? Adding just a bit of light to heaviness of the design.

Ohhhh my other love...cars. I love the bug for the old fun factor, and the Benz for a new fun factor.
My husband and I have quite the collection of model cars, and every time we replace one of our real cars...we have to also go out and get a model. 
I'm still hoping one day to own a Karmen Ghia. Think if I sell enough furniture, I can get one?
Wait...that would mean I would have to stop buying more furniture. oyyy what a dilemma.

ahhhh dreams are good too right? 
Hope you had a wonderful weekend. We will be off later this week to do some Black Friday shopping. Anyone know of some good second hand stores in Saginaw? ;) 

Sharing here:
Homemaker on a Dime
Debbie Doo's 
Nifty Thrifty Things
Coastal Charm 
Salt Tree 
Savvy Southern Style 
Domestically Speaking