Thursday 23 January 2014

Big and Black!

I love custom orders with heart

Seriously I do. When a family comes to me to make over a piece of furniture that has a lot of meaning for them, well it just makes me work even harder to make that piece something they will love for a long time. And hopefully one day they will pass it on to their children.

This buffet and hutch is one of those pieces. 

 When the husband dropped this off he let me know how special this piece is to them. You could tell how attached he is.
 I know it looks a bit rough, but that's because you can't see the people involved and the love in their eyes.
 They wanted to keep it as is..pretty much, but update it to fit better into their home.
 Please excuse the mess of my workshop...but I think that's just what a workshop is...a mess...lol



And here she is...brought into the 21st century! 
 All done in Black! The perfect choice for this classic beauty!
 You see, something doesn't have to be "antique" in order to be pretty :) It just needs to have great bones and lots of love :)
 The hardware was replaced with something that just screams "look at me"!

 The inside was given a splash of colour, and I love it!

 Now I challenge you to go into your home...pick a piece you love for sentimental reasons and see what you can do to bring it up to date with YOUR style. :) 

Update. Quote from the owners
" Pictures do not do this justice I it is so beautiful, I can't even express what an amazing job you did!!!!! Thank you SO much. It's better than I could have ever imagined. I can't express how happy I am!!!!!"

Comments like these are what keeps me going when I have a bad day. 
Now to paint their chairs and table skirt to match :) 


Sharing: 
Savvy Southern Style
Elizabeth & Co.  
Domestically Speaking 
Brambleberry Cottage 
The Vintage Farmhouse 
Ivy and Elephants 
Miss Mustard Seed 
The 36th avenue 
  



3 comments:

  1. This is absolutely gorgeous. It's as if you breathed life into the piece. I would love for you to share this fabulous post at our WIW Linky party. I hope you can join us!

    Paula
    Ivy & Elephants

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is stunning. The painted drawers and the hardware make it an over-the-top beauty.
    Ann Marie @ Iris Abbey

    ReplyDelete
  3. A really gorgeous transformation! Love the black and the touch of sparkle!

    ReplyDelete