Thursday 16 January 2014

What I do when I'm supposed to be relaxing.

I've been out of commission for almost a week now.
 It SUCKS! 
No I haven't been sick, but I put my back out badly. Most people have bad lower backs, mine isn't like that at all. I have rib problems. I "pop" my ribs out regularly, this one was one of my worst. Thank goodness for my Chiropractor who fixes me up on short notice. So while I was told to not do anything...and by that I take her to mean I'm not allowed to lift furniture I did manage to finally do something I've been meaning to do for over a year now. You see about a year and a half ago I bought a wonderful coffee table with matching end tables. I painted and distressed the bottom of them but left the tops as they were till we figured out exactly what we wanted to do with them. This is what I started with.

 Don't mind the dust on there, I quickly snapped a picture before I forgot.
 I love the detailing on it and I'm still very much in love with the white. It fits perfectly with what we have done to other pieces in our home.
 But the top was that stupid "paper" veneer. So stripping it and restaining it was not an option. 
So we already knew painting was the way to go. We finally picked a red we loved and decided to go with a black glaze over it.

 I think it was the perfect choice for these pieces.

 Thought I would play with the light a bit...but I'm not happy with the way the pics turned out.

 What I do love is the way the tables did turn out. 

Now I'm back to normal and I'm allowed to get back to my workshop. 
Ohhh I'm thrilled with that, and I promised my husband I would start going to the Chiro on a more regular basis to avoid the pain I was in over last weekend and earlier in this week. 

Health really isn't something I should play around with. 



3 comments:

  1. Oh I love that, the red is a perfect color choice

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing! You've been featured on Friday's Five Features! Stop by and grab a button! http://diy-vintage-chic.blogspot.com/2014/01/fridays-five-features-no-25.html

    ReplyDelete