Monday 13 January 2014

Classic Black and clearing out stuff

I hurt myself on the weekend. 
Not sure what I did to pop one of my ribs out of place, but I did it. 
I've done this a million times before, so I know what I have to do to make it less painful till I get to see my Chiropractor. 
So no renovating furniture for me. 
I could however do some of that decluttering that I was talking about. 
Which I did in a big way. 
Almost felt like spring cleaning, but instead of windows and floors, I did the insides of cupboards and cabinets. 
My bedroom and office  is now minus 3 garbage bags full of stuff I haven't used in eons. 
Along with that went the stuff that is no longer my style. 

While doing the bedroom, my husband and I got to talking about finally decorating according to what we like instead of just buying pieces we like and sticking them all in there. 
Over the next few weeks I will start taking pictures of what we have and things we are going to do with it. 

But till then I want to share with you two projects I managed to do before my ribs decided to not be so nice to me.

First is this cute shelf

 I added the back since the no back thing just never made any sense to me at all.

 The middle section reminds me of a balcony and just made me pick it up and buy it.

 A bit of paint a bit of glaze and this shelf has a whole new life.. I think it would be perfect in someones kitchen for spices...don't you?
 Then came this wonderful coffee table.
 This came to me via my daughters best friend. Mid century and in wonderful shape..other than the nicks and scratches etc. I did end up stripping it all down. There was no way a little sanding could take care of the issues. It just would not have evened it out enough for that ultra smooth finish.

 I'm still in love with this plate my husband bought me when we stopped in at Luckets store in VA last summer. :)
 Distressing the edges really brings out the details on this table....happy happy happy :)





How cute is it? 

Now to wait for that Chiro office to open..45 min and counting. 

Have a wonderful Monday my friends :) 

Sharing:
Coastal Charm
Domestically Speaking 
Miss Mustard Seed 
Chic On a Shoestring 
The Vintage Farmhouse 
  

3 comments:

  1. Chiros are the best thing ever!! You take care and rest up enough to convince that rib to stay in place for a while longer, OK? ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you... I went back today as well. My hubby has convinced me that I need to go on a more regular basis. :)

      Delete
  2. Oh indeedy do! I admit I haven't been there for a while (I'm a sciatica person myself), shame on me...I used to go about once a month or two for a "tune-up" - and I used to be bony and tense enough that he would use me as an anitomical model of what tension can do to your back, neck, and shoulders. *LOL*
    Take care! :)
    P.S. I really love all of the amazing things you can do!

    TTFN

    ReplyDelete