Thursday 10 November 2011

Antique desk

I'm about half way through a desk refinishing project, but I need some help. I'm wondering who can give me a bit of advice. 
I found this old desk at a yard sale. The guy I bought it from didn't even have it IN the yard sale, he had it beside his garage and was going to BURN it! 
I quickly bought it up and brought it home with me. 
Then did a bit of research on it since it was still stamped. 
This is what I found out. 
 Very cute eh? And actually it was still in very good condition. 
I'm just about done stripping it down. I'm going to stain it and bring it back as close to original as I can. 
As much as I would like to keep this, I'm going to sell it. BUT this is where I need some help. What would you price a piece like this at?



 These are obviously the "before" pictures. 
Stay tuned for the after. :) 

1 comment:

  1. Hmmm...you may want to look around at consignment stores or whatever to get a price point. I would say $75. But that is really a shot in the dark, and I am a total cheapskate. You could price it at what you hope to get and then see what happens. Then lower price from there to get a taker. Pretty desk. I can't wait to see how it turns out.

    ReplyDelete