Monday 17 February 2014

A touch of French

Every now and again, you get inspiration from the most unlikely places. 
For this piece it was a knob. 

Not that I knew this knob belonged on this dresser.....But I knew these knobs were coming home with me. 
And I knew that one day I would find the piece they belonged to. 

Gladly it happened sooner rather than later. :) 

And I knew the dresser needed to be fairly distressed and that the top would be a different colour. 
This is so lovely I would hate for it to go into a bedroom. I think its perfect for a dining room buffet or front entrance. 
But of course it's not really up to me now is it? 
 Isn't it just perfect?
 I really think these knobs were meant for this piece, don't you agree?


And since I had mixed up this colour anyway.........
I added a couple of pieces to todays projects. 
 This absolutely adorable chair and footstool
 The chair is so solid and was just perfect for this paint.

 I tried tipping it over...but couldn't, so a child can do all kinds of climbing over it.

 And well, ever home needs a footstool or two right?

Here in Ontario, it's Family day...and I spent mine working. Which is something I love no matter what the day. :) 

Sharing: 
Coastal Charm
The Dedicated house 
Knick of Time Interiors
Elizabeth & Co.  
Ivy and Elephants 
Savvy Southern Style 
Everyday Home 
Curb Alert 
The Brambleberry Cottage 
Miss Mustard Seed 
  

No comments:

Post a Comment