Monday 15 September 2014

Factory cart love!

It's the only "before" pic I have of this piece. 

I went to my local "re store" back in the spring. I've seen this beauty being use to move things around there and have often asked if it was for sale. I've always been told "NO" But I'm persistent! 
I must have caught the manager on a good day because he relented and finally said yes!!
Did my mental happy dance and loaded it up along with the cabinet on it. 

The cabinet found a home quickly after a makeover.

But I put off finishing the factory cart. 
Two reasons.
1. I had a lot of "must do" projects.
2. I knew it was going to be a lot of work to get it taken apart and finished...and there are just times that I look at something and think...that's a lot of work! 

But I finally did it. It was taking up way to much space and I wanted it done!

So everything came off, was scrubbed, sanded, stained and sealed. Then put back together again. 




Once I got to it...it wasn't nearly as intimidating as I thought. And I'm so glad it's ready to find a new home. 
Hubby and I sat and looked at it and both of us were trying to picture it in our home. As much as we love it, it doesn't fit in with anything else we have. 
We hope that the new owners will love it as much as we do! 

 


1 comment: