Monday 21 April 2014

Cottage kitchen....part 2 The painting is done!

We got to spend the long weekend at the cottage! 
And we even had one son there to share the time with. Sadly it's still to cold to spend a lot of time outside. 
So we (as in I) continued work on the kitchen. 
You can see the full "before" pics HERE

I was able to finish the cupboards, the walls and the trim. Yeah me! 
 Please excuse the mish mash of stuff. This is reality for me when painting and actually living in the space at the same time.
 I did end up doing a grey glaze on the cabinets. It now looks amazing with the blue I picked for the walls. Of course it will look much better next weekend when our new to us microwave is installed. Anyone want an old microwave? Black, works great and is free :)

 I still love my tins. I put less up than what was there originally...I finally decided which ones were important to me and which ones were just gathering dust.

 What a difference a bit of paint make eh?

A view from the back entrance hallway. Next step in there? Rip out the counter tops and replace with Barn Boards! 

5 comments:

  1. You did an amazing job with the cabinets and the blue you chose for the wall is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job, Titia! I can't wait to actually see them. We'll have to get together now that cottage/trailer season is finally here!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You bet Jane...just let me know, now that the cottage is open, we are there every weekend :)

      Delete
  3. It looks great the cabinets and the blue. You are welcome to share at the Anything Goes linky, if you have not already. I have a lot of painting that needs to be done, and can't seem to get motivated to do it.

    ReplyDelete