Monday 19 May 2014

Belty dresser

End of a long weekend here. 
The weather was cool but turned out a lot nicer than I thought. 
If you saw my last post, you know we worked hard on our great room at the cottage. I'm so glad we got that done (except for the upstairs part) 
I taught one of our neighours how to use chalk paint and glaze. I can't tell  you how hard it was for me to hand over the paint brush and just go for it. 
Wonder if that makes me a control freak?

And because the colours have changed in our cottage I ended up painting our little desk to fit better in our room. 
See all the electrical to the side? Yup...hubby went around and replaced all the switches and outlets. Everything is pure white now...yeah!! :) 
Sorry about the bad pic, I snapped it with my phone. 
I posted it and promptly sold it...lol 
Thank goodness I had already picked up a replacement for it. :) 

Wow, that totally got off topic. 
I came here to show you the dresser I finished last week. 
Totally fun! 

Simple dresser that I didn't want to rip apart and do over into something new...but I wanted to add something to it. 
I had already taken it apart when suddenly I remembered to take "befores" 


This sad little piece was screwed together. I fixed that..lol 
I ripped off the wood knobs, filled them and then had some fun! 

Ever want to just have a bit of fun? This piece was perfect for that! 

Check him out now!

 House numbers and belts.
 it really has an "industrial" feel to it now.


 It's just so fun now...I love it!


From drab to fab! 
I totally see this in a boys room holding all his treasures. :) 

Now to load up that desk I sold and bring it home. 
Then to spend a bit of time with my daughter who was stuck at home working the long weekend away. 

Sharing:

Domestically Speaking
Coastal Charm 
  DIY Show off
Knick of Time Interiors 
Cozy Little House 
A Stroll Thru Life 
Elizabeth & Co.  
Savvy Southern Style 
Miss Mustard Seed 

2 comments:

  1. You have been busy, with another paint job!
    What a clever idea using the belts too you've made this one into a real talking piece!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dresser looks awesome! Erica T

    ReplyDelete